Silas Thompson (b. 1990) was raised in Idaho. His passion for drawing and painting was instilled at an early age, fostered by his parents and manifest by the filling of countless sketchbooks and refrigerator magnets. Setting out on annual backpacking trips with his father, he began to treasure the distinct birthmarks and icons of beautiful rivers, valleys, and mountains that carve through the high desert and vast farmlands of the West. His desire to create work that evokes a memory continues to be a driving force to push Silas to be innovative and to look for new ways to create the illusion of solidity, time, and emotion.
However, it is the distinctly imputed beauty in creation that points him constantly to God for continued inspiration.
After college he continued his education by strengthening his fundamentals and work ethic in painting through five years of apprenticeships. He would be remiss to not to give credit to his beautiful wife and friend, Bianca, from whom he receives his greatest support.
- Western Art and Architecture – “Ones To Watch” Aug-Sept. 2015
- Southwest Art – “ 21 under 31 “ Sept. 2015
- Plein Air Magazine (Outdoor Painter) – “Why This Works” June 2015
- Plein Air Magazine – “Painting Structures and Cityscapes” Nov. 2015
- Plein Air Magazine – “Planes, Trains, and Cars” June. 2016
- Charlie Russell Art Auction 2015, 2017
- Inclusion in: “A Feeling of Humanity: Western Art from the Ken Ratner Collection.” A traveling show.
- The Rockwell Museum: Corning, NY
- Mattituck Museum: Waterbury, CT
- Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art: David City, NE
- St George City Art Museum: Saint George, UT
- Museum of the Big Bend: Alpine, TX
- People Choice Award: Dana Gallery 2015
- Young Gun Of The Year: Dana Gallery 2015
- Vero Beach, FL Paint out invitational 2015
- Solo Show-Dana Gallery, Dec. 2015
- Invitational judge of Redfish paint out 2015
- Missoula Art Museum Auction 2016
- Multiple award winner at Driggs Diggs Plein Air 2015
- Dana Gallery invitational paint out 2013,14,15,16
- Invitational Plein Air Instructor for the Plein Air Painters of Idaho 2016
- Three Man Show: Dana Gallery 2016 (R. Moore, C. Meyer, S. Thompson
- Three Man Show: Kneeland Gallery 2017 (S. Winegar, B. Walker, S. Thompson
- Behind The Scenes- Montana Art Scene